DIY Tips & Tricks to Brighten Up your Decorative Fireplace
“There is no place more delightful than one’s fireplace”
- Marcus Jullius Cicera
A fireplace is more than just a hearth, it is the heart of your home. The image of a log burning fireplace is associated with holidays and warmth, mugs of hot cocoa and cozy dinner parties. Fireplaces also add great production value to any home.
If your chimney can’t handle the heat, or you’ve simply outgrown your fireplace, there are still plenty of ways in which you can decorate your non-working fireplace. Here are a few tips to liven up your space!
1. Since your fireplace works as the central point of your living space, you can use this space to showcase your art, or antiques that have been passed down through generations.
2. If you are a booklover or a book collector, this space can serve as a mini bookcase. You can showcase your hardbound book or fill up the mantle with coffee table books. It a good way to spark a conversation.
3. To dress up the top of your fireplace, you can place a vase full of flowers, or an antique looking mirror, or simply put on some family pictures. This will give the space a livelier look.
4. For the inside of your fireplace, dress it up with some logs, or put in an old trunk and dress it up with some books. If you want your fireplace to have a pop of color, then just paint every odd log with bright color. Pro tip: Make sure to clear out any soot from within the fireplace before you put in anything under it!
5. Ready for DIY project? Pick up a fresh can of paint and turn your lazy Saturday afternoon into a fun family project. Painting over your red bricks, or even over your wooden mantle, can give the whole room an instant lift. Try a neutral or a bright hue to dress up your fireplace.
6. Use a stencil! If you are happy with how your fireplace looks, but would like to change the surround, without having to shell out a small fortune, then this is the tip for you. It requires little in the way of supplies and is very easy to do. You can choose literally any pattern to replace your old, boring, fireplace surround.
7. Nothing says cozy like a soft rug underfoot. This is the perfect tip for anyone who likes curling up next to a fireplace, and enjoying a cozy drink, or reading a book.
Not happy with these ideas and would like to replace your mantle or surround? Well, we can help you with that. Head over to https://www.victorianfireplaces.com/fireplace-surrounds.html and find the surround you’re looking for!
With the on-going climate crisis, and stricter laws regarding gas fires, we have decided to introduce an entirely new range of electric fires. Coming soon on our website, so stay tuned to this space for more information. Can’t wait that long? Just email us at email@example.com and we’d be happy to help you out with custom options.
Don’t forget to check out our MEGA SALE on fireplace accessories. We have slashed all our prices up to 50%!! Don’t miss this opportunity to spruce up your fireside accessories!
We are adding almost 1000 new products to our website! From fireside accessories to modern and chic options for fire baskets, to accessories, to an entirely new range of electric fires and radiators!! If you’d like to receive information about these products, or would like to place an early order, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help you out.
Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas and a warm and cozy New Year!